"Methods to Differentiate Mil/Aero Solutions Using FPGA"
Mentor Graphics Corporation
With engineers from software, hardware and system disciplines all converging on FPGAs, it is important to focus on the methods that can help differentiate your solution from others. Of course, it is necessary to use all the basic verification and design tools, but there are new technologies emerging that can better address the unique requirements of Mil/Aero applications.
While all the technologies listed below are required to build a complete methodology and will be covered, this presentation will essentially focus on the unique requirements of Mil/Aero FPGA applications.
- Rule checker with platform-independent coding styles
- Design management
- Version control
- Team-based design (code review documentation)
- RTL + physical synthesis
- Support for ECOs and other advanced flows in Mil/Aero
- I/O design with integration path to PCB
- System-level design support
- C synthesis
- Digital simulation with code coverage
- Formal verification
- Assertion based (clock domain crossing to validate SEU protection)
- Embedded system
- Place and route, plus device programming
2005 MAPLD International Conference Home Page